Normal tap water has a pH range of 6-9. The ideal pH range for your floral bucket and vase water is between 3.5-5.0. It is important for your floral water to have a lower pH reading of 3.5-5.0 because flowers like the acidity and will have more water uptake.
Chrysal Professional products are specially designed to lower the pH of tap water to a flower friendly range, between 3.5-5.0 when mixed correctly Chrysal Treatments also help to control the water quality by maintaining the clarity and inhibiting the odor of bucket water for up to six days.
pH levels below 3.5 can cause stem discoloration.
pH levels above 5.0 can cause increased water problems.
Directions for Use:
1. Dip one test strip into your floral bucket water that has been processed with a Chrysal treatment.
2. Hold the test strip under water until the color on the test strip stops changing colors. This should take less than 5 seconds.
3. Match the used test strip examples on the outside of the test strip package to find the pH reading.
4. If the pH readings are below 3.5 or above 5.0, we recommend that you reprocess your floral solution.
5. Randomly test your bucket water at least once a week to confirm that you are dosing correctly.
6. Make sure that you are using the correct amount of water when filling your buckets. Too much or too little water can drastically affect your pH reading.
Here’s a video on why measuring your floral bucket pH is important: