Lilies are considered to be one of the most beautiful flowers in the world. However, the one big problem with Lilies is the pollen from their stamens which can easily be knocked off onto clothing.
TIPS TO REMOVE POLLEN FROM CLOTHING:
- Do not brush or rub with your hands. Human skin contains oils that will help attach the pollen to the fibers.
- Let pollen dry and remove it with a soft brush.
- Take a piece of tape and press this onto pollen. It will adhere to the tape and can then be removed.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove from clothing.
- If some pollen stains are stubborn, hang the garment in the sun to dry. The stain and the pollen in it will dry up and can then be removed by one of the above-mentioned methods.
A simple way to prevent pollen from getting on your clothes is to remove the anthers (tips of stamens) as soon as you get the flowers home. Keep repeating this with every bud that opens or cut off the stamens. For those of you that love Lilies but do not want to deal with stains on your clothing, you can purchase pollen-free Lilies.