Artificial plants and flowers have the many advantages, however just like a great pair of shoes if you don’t take care of them right they wont last or look as pretty. After a while, their color fades and they get covered in dust and dirt. Here are some tips for working with Silk and dried floral arrangements:
- Always remember, not only in silk flower arranging but in all flower arranging, the big flowers will always be inserted at the focal area.
- Silk flowers stems are made from wires so that they are easy to bend. But some stems are really thick and difficult to cut. You need to invest in a good wire cutter in order to be able to cut those stems. A good technique which I also practise is, when your stems are difficult to cut, use the wire cutter to make a cut mark on the stem. Then, use your hands to bend the stem forward and backward until it breaks.
Dried Flower Designing:
- Since the weight of many flowers can cause the heads to droop or break after drying, stems are usually removed prior to dried flower arranging. This is usually best when done when the flower is still moist and soft, since the dried specimens are often too brittle. Trim the dried stem so there is about a little over an inch left. Then floral wire can be inserted through the stem and partway into the bloom.
- When the flower has dried completely, both the stem and the wire should be wrapped in floral tape.
- Dried flowers are very delicate, after they are wrapped with floral tape use Chrysal Silk and Dried Flower Cleaner to keep the stems looking pretty. Some people use hairspray to secure them but hairspray will not keep the dust and dirt from settling and can also cause the flowers to become flammable.
- Use Chrysal Silk & Dried Flower Cleaner, it is safe for all silk, fabric and dried flower arrangements.
- It cleans ans freshens with just one spray. Dust and dirt on your artificial arrangement become invisible. A monthly treatment is enough to beautify and protect the color and quality of fabric.
- No Wiping required. Coat before arranging and use monthly.
- Great product for office plants, corporate silk flowers, home arrangements, etc.
- Keep your silk flower arrangements looking fresh