BEST TREATMENTS TO KEEP HYDRANGEAS LOOKING GREAT
1) If Hydrangea blooms arrive directly from the grower or if blooms have been dry-packed for two days or more, Chrysal Professional 1 is the best way to turn on the flow.
- Prep buckets with cold water and correctly dose Chrysal Professional 1.
- Remove water/gel baggie (or cotton) from stem ends. Wash off any gel stuck to stem.
- With sharp and clean shears, cut 1-2 inches.
- Cut above old (brown) stem tissue. These blooms only drink efficiently through new (green) stem tissues.
- Allow time. A quick dip in Alum powder or an instant hydrator doesn’t give sustained results.
- Let blooms drink in Professional 1 for a minimum of 4 hrs up to 3 days.
- Once fully hydrated-transfer to Chrysal Professional 2 or vase solution Professional 3.
2) If blooms arrive in buckets, Professional 2 is the solution of choice.
- Prepare buckets with cold water and Professional 2.
- Check stem ends and remove water baggies. Wash off any gel stuck to stems.
- Give a fresh cut into green tissues. Sugars in Professional 2 solution keep flowers turgid.
- Allow plenty of room so moisture on florets evaporate BEFORE moving flowers into cooler.
- Prep bucket with Chrysal Professional 1 solution.
- Use COLD water.
- Follow dosing instructions (2ml/liter).
- Remove any gel baggies or wet cotton on stem ends. Rinse off gel.
- With a sharp, clean knife cut off 1 inch from stems.
- Let flowers hydrate overnight BEFORE using in arrangements and design work.
- No foam. Do not crush, boil or burn stems.
- Avoid dripping on blooms.