We all know Valentine’s is the season of LOVE. It’s important to show your customers and flower shop some love by creating welcoming Valentine’s decorations for this lovely holiday. This will help showcase your Valentine’s merchandise and should lead to higher store traffic and more sales. Here are some lovely tips for decorating your floral department for Valentine’s this year!
- Decorate the windows and front of your shop- You want to draw attention to your store for people on the outside. Valentine’s is fresh in everybody’s mind, so as they pass your store, if something creative catches their eye, it’s more likely they come in to look around.
- Display your store hours clearly so customers know your Valentine’s hours- It’s important customers know your Valentine’s hours so they know where to go if they need last minute items. Displaying your hours clearly and creatively can help keep store traffic up.
- Be creative! You want to create unique decorations that will help draw people to your shop, maybe a centerpiece- Having one very creative and beautiful piece can get people talking and bring traffic to the store. Having this located towards the back of the store might be good so customers need to walk through aisles of merchandise to see it.
- Have many floral arrangement options- Offer your customers different options so they can choose which they like best. Offer different flower combinations and different vases and presentation items. Also, try infusing heart shaped items into your bouquets.
- Placement is key- Around the store, place cut-out hearts, cut-out cupids, balloons and other decorations that scream Valentine’s. When it comes to Valentine’s, nothing is never too much. So don’t be afraid to go crazy and overdo the decorations!
- Set the mood with music- Play some classic love songs lightly in the background that will enhance a shoppers mood. This could maybe trigger feelings about their loved ones and lead to more purchases.