Here’s a valuable and cost efficient tip for longer lasting hydrangeas.
Use a potato peeler & Chrysal Hydration Solution.
Yup, you read correctly we said a potato peeler and Chrysal Professional #1 Hydration solution.
Watch our technical manager explain how to prolong vase life for those thirsty hydrangeas:
Heavenly Hydrangeas in five steps:
- Prepare hydration solutions with cold water
- Cut stems with clean, sharp shears
- Immediately transfer stems into solution
- Allow 12-48 hrs for cells to completely fill with clean, acidic solution
- Once blooms are turgid, transfer blooms into a professional holding solution to introduce glucose, which keeps petal tissues firm and provides energy for flower heads to continue opening for up to 11 days