The Chrysanthemum has even been proven by NASA’s clean air study, to reduce the emissions of indoor air pollution. Extracts of this unique, but common flower can be used as a medicine, including treatment for HIV. Even John Steinbeck, one of the most prolific authors in United States history wrote a short story entitled “The Chrysanthemums.”
There are many reasons to enjoy these beautiful flowers, and it all starts with handling them right!
Vase Life: 8-10 days, often even longer.
Special Handling Needs:
- Respect temperature parameters. Store flowers at 34-38F.
- Avoid high temperatures because overheating causes foliage to yellow
- Avoid dripping on flower heads to reduce Botrytis potential
- Give breathing room when filling buckets.
- Chrysanths need bacteria-clean solutions (Chrysal Professional #1 hydration) to insure good flow, but are not particularly sugar-needy (flower food).
- Recommend to give a clean, cut no ABSOLUTELY do not pound stems!
- Give stems a fresh cut. Place in Chrysal Professional #2 processing solution (low sugar)
- Allow bunches to drink for 2-4 hours before using in design or placing on sales floor
- Start clean. Gives stems a fresh cut
- Fill vases with Chrysal flower food according to direction
- Top-up with fresh food, not tap water
Check out Dekker Chrysanthen Chrysanthemum’s: